智能手机选购,谈论智能手机的英语对话

Hi, I’m Oli. Welcome to Oxford Online English!

嗨,我是奥利。欢迎来到牛津大学在线课程!

In this lesson, you can learn how to talk about apps.

在本节课程中,你将学习如何谈论应用程序。

You’ll see how to talk about different types of Smartphone apps and give your opinions about them.

你讲学习如何谈论不同类型的智能手机应用程序,并给出自己的意见。

How many apps do you have on your phone?

你的手机上有多少个应用程序?

Which one do you use the most?

你使用最多的是哪一个?

Are they easy to use, or could they be improved?

它们用起来很方便还是有提升的空间?

Keep watching this video to learn the language you need to know to answer these questions in accurate, natural-sounding English.

继续观看此视频,学习用准确、自然的英语来回答这些问题。

Another thing: don’t forget to turn on subtitles if you need them!

另一件事情是:如果需要的话,不要忘记打开字幕!

This video has English subtitles; click the ‘CC’ button on the video player to turn them on.

这个视频有英文字幕;点击视频播放器上的“CC”按钮将其打开。

Now, let’s start!

现在让我们开始吧!

Have you ever heard of FitGrid?

你听说过 FitGrid 吗?

No, but let me guess.

没有,但是让我猜一下。

Is it a new app?

这是一个新的应用程序吗?

Yes, that’s right.

恩,是的。

Apparently, it’s a mix between a social media app and a fitness app.

显然,这是社交媒体应用程序与健身应用程序之间的一个混合体。

It looks really cool — I’m going to download it.

看起来真的很酷——我要下载它。

How many apps do you have now?

你现在有多少个应用程序?

I’m not sure exactly, but it must be well over a hundred.

我也不确定,但肯定超过一百个了。

From time to time I delete the ones I don’t use — but then I download more.

我会不时删除不使用的那些——但接着我会下载更多的软件。

I’m a bit of an addict.

我有点上瘾了。

What about you?

那你呢?

How many do you have?

你有多少软件?

I don’t know.

我不知道。

Not many.

不是很多。

Just the basics, you know.

只是基础的那一些。

I have WhatsApp of course, a banking app, Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and a couple of games.

我当然有 WhatsApp,还有银行应用程序,Gmail,Google地图,YouTube,Facebook,Netflix和一些游戏。

Perhaps about ten in total.

大概总共十个吧。

How can you possibly have more than a hundred? !

你怎么可能有一百多个应用程序?!

What kinds of apps do you have?

你的应用程序都是什么类型的?

Well, I’m a big fan of social media, so I have all the social media apps — although I mostly use Instagram and Twitter.

好吧,我是社交媒体的忠实粉丝,所以我有所有社交媒体应用程序——尽管我主要使用的还是Instagram和Twitter。

What I like about Instagram is that it’s great for sharing photos and videos.

我喜欢Instagram的地方在于它非常适合分享照片和视频。

I watch a lot of movies, so I have Amazon Prime and Netflix.

我会看很多电影,所以我有Amazon Prime和Netflix。

Then there are shopping apps, music apps like Spotify, reading apps, and, most importantly, food delivery apps, because I don’t know how to cook.

然后是购物应用程序,Spotify等音乐应用程序,阅读应用程序,以及最重要的是外卖应用程序,因为我不会做饭。

You know there are apps which teach you how to cook, right?

你知道有一些应用程序可以教你如何烹饪吗?

Can you remember some of the different types of app that we talked about?

你还记得我们讨论过的不同类型的应用程序吗?

There are social media apps, fitness apps, banking apps… …shopping apps, reading apps, TV apps… …games, music apps and food delivery apps.

有社交媒体应用程序,健身应用程序,银行应用程序………购物应用程序,阅读应用程序,电视应用程序………游戏程序,音乐应用程序和外卖应用程序。

You heard us refer to all of these in the dialogue.

你听到我们在对话中提到了所有这些应用程序。

Can you think of any other types of app?

你能想到其他类型的应用程序吗?

There are many, of course, but one good example is educational apps and language learning apps.

当然了,应用程序的类型是很多的,但教育应用程序和语言学习应用程序就是很好的例子。

Look at some questions you heard, in the dialogue. Think about how you could answer.

看看你在对话中听到的一些问题。 想想如何回答。

For the first two, you could answer together, like this: ‘The last time I downloaded an app was last weekend.

对于前两个问题,你可以像这样一起回答:“我上次下载应用程序的时间是上周末。

It was a game called ‘Dinosaur Rock’.

那是一款名为‘恐龙岩石’的游戏。

Now I have around 25 apps on my phone.’ When you answer the third question, try to give an extended response.

现在我的手机上大约有25个应用。”当你回答第三个问题时,请试着扩大回答的范围。

Don’t just say ‘I have lots of different apps.’ Give some more details!

不要只说“我有很多不同的应用程序。”请提供更多的细节!

Talk about the different types of apps you have.

讨论一下你拥有的不同类型的应用程序。

For example, you could say ‘I’m a fitness fanatic, so most of the apps on my phone are related to keeping fit.

例如,你可能会说“我是健身狂,所以手机上的大多数应用程序都与健身有关。

It’s almost like having a personal trainer on your phone, which is great.’ Pause the video and try to answer the questions now.

这几乎就像在手机上配备私人教练一样,真是太好了。”暂停视频,然后尝试自己去回答问题。

Could you do it?

你能做到吗?

If not, go back and listen to the dialogue again.

如果不能的话,请返回再听一遍对话。

Now, let’s look at how apps work.

现在让我们看一下应用程序的运作方式。

So, what’s your favourite app at the moment?

你目前最喜欢的应用是什么?

Well, it’s been around for a while, but right now, my favourite app is Plant Nanny.

已经喜欢一段时间了,但是现在,我最喜欢的应用是 Plant Nanny。

Seriously?

真的假的?

It’s called Plant Nanny?

叫植物保姆?

Does it help you to look after your house plants?

它能帮助你照顾家中的植物吗?

No, it reminds you to drink enough water — so you don’t get dehydrated.

不,它会提醒你去喝够水——这样你就不会缺水。

Do you really need an app to encourage you to stay hydrated?

你是否需要一个应用来督促你喝水?

But, OK, how does it work?

但是,问题是,它是如何运作的呢?

Well, you download the app and you input some personal information like your height, your weight and your level of physical activity — and Plant Nanny tells you how much water you should be drinking.

额,就是下载应用程序,然后输入一些个人信息,例如身高、体重和体育锻炼水平,然后植物保姆会告诉你应该喝多少水。

Right… Then you choose a plant — the plants are super cute — and every time you drink a glass of water, you tap the screen, and the app records how much water you drink.

好的……然后你选择一种植物——这些植物非常可爱——每次你喝一杯水时,点击屏幕,这个应用程序会记录你喝了多少水。

Basically, if you drink enough water, your virtual plant will grow.

一般来说,如果你够水的话,你的虚拟植物就会生长。

Does it send you annoying reminders all the time?

它是不是会一直向你发送烦人的提醒?

You do get reminders from time to time.

确实会时不时收到提醒。

I think they’re helpful — but you can disable them if you like.

我认为它们很有帮助——但你可以根据需要将其禁用。

You should try it!

你应该试试看!

Many apps are designed to make our lives easier.

很多应用程序旨在使我们的生活更轻松。

Look at these sentences.

看这些句子。

Which verbs are missing?

哪些动词缺失了?

Pause the video if you want more time to think.

如果你想要更多时间思考的话,请暂停视频。

OK? Let’s check.

好了吗?让我们来检查一下吧。

The highlighted verbs all use the same grammatical pattern.

标亮的动词使用的是相同的语法结构。

Can you identify it?

你能辨认出来吗?

All three verbs follow the pattern: verb plus object plus to plus infinitive.

这三个动词都遵循这种结构:动词加宾语加不定式。

When you learn verbs like this or practise, try to practise using full phrases.

当你学习这类动词或进行练习时,请尝试使用完整的短语进行练习。

This way, you can remember the pattern more easily when you’re speaking, and avoid mistakes.

这样,你可以在说话时更轻松地记住这种结构,并避免出错。

Here are two other useful verbs which follow the same pattern.

还有两个很有用的动词遵循的是这种结构。

Let’s think about messaging apps, like WhatsApp or Telegram.

让我们考虑一下诸如 WhatsApp 或 Telegram 之类的信息传递应用程序。

Could you make a sentence to describe them, using ‘allow’ or ‘enable’?

你能用“allow”或“enable”来造个句子描述它们吗?

You could say, ‘Messaging apps enable us to keep in touch with our family and friends’, or ‘WhatsApp allows me to call people I know for free.’ What about Instagram?

你可以说,“通过通讯应用程序,我们可以与家人和朋友保持联系”,或者是“通过WhatsApp,我可以免费给我认识的人打电话。”那Instagram呢?

You could say, ‘It allows us to upload and share images and videos.’ What about Google Calendar?

你可以说,“它可以让我们上传并分享图片和视频。”那Google日历呢?

You could say, ‘It helps you to remember important appointments.’ Just be careful with ‘let’.

你可以,“它可以帮助我们记住重要的约会。”请小心使用“let”。

When you use ‘let’, the pattern is different.

当你使用“let”时,结构会有所不同。

What’s different?

有什么不同?

There is no ‘to’ in front of the verb.

动词前没有“to”。

This time the pattern is: Now, it’s your turn.

这次的结构是:现在轮到你了。

Think of an app that you like and explain how it works.

考虑一下你喜欢的应用程序,并说明它是如何运作的。

Try to give a detailed answer, using some of the verbs you saw before.

尝试使用你之前看到的一些动词来给出详细的答案。

For example, you could say: ‘The app I like best at the moment is Mint.

例如,你可以说:‘目前我最喜欢的应用是Mint。

It helps you to track your spending, which is important to me as I’m a student and I don’t have much money!

它可以帮助我们追踪支出情况,这对我很重要,因为我是一名学生,而且我没有多少钱!

Using Mint lets me see my spending habits and control my money more effectively.’ OK?

使用Mint可以让我了解自己的消费习惯并更有效地控制我的资金。’好了吗?

Pause the video and try to answer the questions now.

暂停视频,然后尝试回答问题。

How did you get on?

你做的怎么样?

Could you use the verb patterns fluently?

你能流利地使用这种动词结构吗?

If not, repeat your answer several times, until you can do it easily.

如果没有的话,请重复几次你的答案,直到你可以轻而易举地做到。

Next, you’re going to talk about why you like — or dislike — an app.

接下来,你将谈论为什么喜欢或不喜欢某个应用程序。

Why are you such a fan of Plant Nanny?

你为什么这么喜欢植物保姆?

Well, before I started using this app, I never used to drink enough water.

额,在我开始使用这个应用程序之前,我从来没有喝过足够的水。

I used to drink too many caffeinated drinks and I was always ending up with a headache.

我之前喝含咖啡因的饮料喝的很多,总是会头痛。

Plant Nanny is quick and easy to use.

植物保姆很快捷,易于使用。

It’s very convenient, because you only need to tap the screen when you drink a glass of water.

它非常方便,因为你只需要在喝一杯水时点按屏幕即可。

I think the simplicity is one of the things I like most about it — it’s very user-friendly.

我认为便捷性是我最喜欢的方面之一——它非常易于使用。

Obviously it’s useful, because it helps you to stay hydrated, but at the same time it’s fun.

显然,它很有用,因为它可以帮助你多喝水,但同时也很有趣。

Plant Nanny has changed my life.

植物保姆改变了我的生活。

I can’t live without it!

没有它,我活不下去了!

I’m afraid I have to admit that I don’t see the point of apps like Plant Nanny.

很抱歉我得说我看不到诸如Plant Nanny之类的应用程序的意义。

I think these kinds of apps are a complete waste of time.

我认为这些应用程序完全是浪费时间。

OK — fair enough.

好的,就这样吧。

You mentioned that you have a couple of game apps on your Smartphone.

你提到你的智能手机上有几个游戏应用程序。

Which games do you have?

你有哪些游戏?

My favourite game is Chess.

我最喜欢的游戏是国际象棋。

Chess? ! I haven’t played chess in…years!

象棋?我上次玩象棋已经是很久之前了!

You probably think it’s very outdated, but in fact online chess is incredibly engaging and interactive — and you can play against people all over the world.

你可能认为它已经过时了,但实际上,在线象棋互动性超强,非常有意思,你可以与世界各地的人们一较高下。

Sounds good!

听起来很棒啊!

Think about the first question you heard in the dialogue: ‘Why are you such a fan of Plant Nanny?’ How could you answer this, if someone was asking about an app you really like?

想想你在对话中听到的第一个问题:“你为什么如此喜欢Plant Nanny?”如果有人问你喜欢的应用程序,你将如何回答?

You could say something like: ‘It’s quick and easy to use.’ ‘The simplicity is one of the things I like most about it.’ ‘I can’t live without it!’ For the second example, you could use different nouns in place of ‘simplicity’.

你可以这样说:“它很便捷且易于使用。”我最喜欢的其中一方面就是其简单性。‘我不能没有它!’对于第二个例子来说,你可以使用不同的名词来代替“simplicity”。

For example: ‘The convenience is one of the things I like most about it.’ You also heard the words ‘user-friendly’ and ‘engaging’.

例如:我最喜欢的其中一方面就是其方便性。你还听到了“用户友好”和“引人入胜的”这两个字。

What do you think?

你觉得怎么样?

Do you think these adjectives have a positive or a negative meaning?

你认为两个形容词是正面的还是负面的意思?

If something is user-friendly, it means that it is easy for anyone to use or understand it — you don’t need any special experience or skills.

如果某个东西很用户友好的话,这意味着任何人都可以轻松使用或理解它——你不需要任何特殊的经验或技能。

You can also say that something is ‘intuitive’ — this has a similar meaning.

你也可以说某些东西是“简单便捷的”,含义是类似的。

If something is engaging, it is interesting in a way that attracts your attention.

如果某个东西很吸引人的话,那么它就是以非常有趣的方式吸引你的注意力。

Teachers usually try to make their lessons as engaging as possible.

老师们通常会尝试使他们的课程尽可能地吸引人。

In the dialogue, you also heard some language used to talk about apps that you don’t like.

在对话中,你还听到了一些用来谈论你不喜欢的应用程序的语言。

Can you remember any of the words or phrases?

你能记住什么单词或短语吗?

What about you?

那你呢?

Choose an app that you like — or maybe that you dislike — and explain why you feel this way.

选择一个你喜欢的应用程序——也可以是你不喜欢的应用程序——解释一下为什么你是这种感觉。

Pause the video now and try to make a few sentences.

暂停视频,尝试自己造几个句子。

For example, you could say ‘One app I really like is Loom, which you can use to record and share videos.

例如,你可以说:“我最喜欢的一个应用是Loom,可用于录制和分享视频。

I think one of the reasons I like it is its simplicity.

我认为我喜欢它的原因之一是它的简单性。

It’s intuitive, so you can learn how to use it quickly and easily.’ Or, ‘Have you ever heard of an app called Yo?

它很易于使用,你可以学习如何快速、轻松地使用它。’或者是,‘你听说过叫做Yo的应用程序吗?

It’s kind of like a social media app, but you can only text one word — Yo.

有点像一个社交媒体应用,但你只能发送一个单词——Yo。

Seriously.

就是如此。

I don’t see the point of an app like this!’ Done?

我根本不知道这样的应用程序的意义在哪里!’结束了嘛?

Great!

太棒了!

Let’s look at our last point.

让我们看看最后一点吧。

Do your students use language learning apps?

你的学生是否使用语言学习应用程序?

Sure — my students are a lot more tech-savvy than I am!

当然了——我的学生比我更精通科技!

OK. So, what are some apps you would recommend to someone who wants to learn a language?

好的。 那么你会推荐给想要学习某种语言的人的什么应用程序呢?

Well, for starters I’d recommend Wordy.

额,对于初学者,我的建议是 Wordy。

It’s a great way to memorise vocabulary.

这是记忆词汇的很好的方法。

It’s very user-friendly and students love it because they don’t feel as if they are studying — they learn while they are playing games.

它非常人性化,学生们很喜欢它,因为他们感觉好像自己不是在学习,而是在边玩边学。

But do they actually learn anything?

但是他们真的学到了什么东西吗?

Is it worthwhile?

它很有价值吗?

Absolutely!

肯定的啊!

It has its limitations of course — you’re not going to become fluent overnight or anything — but Wordy has a lot to offer.

它当然有一些问题——你不会在一夜之间变得非常流利——但 Wordy 可以提供很多功能。

It’s definitely worth a look.

绝对值得一看。

Right. Sounds good.

好的。听起来很棒。

Another recommendation would have to be Get This!

另一个推荐肯定是 Get This!

It’s beneficial because it focuses on listening skills and it encourages students to understand language in context.

它特别有用,因为它侧重于听力技能,鼓励学生在上下文中理解语言。

It’s more challenging than Wordy but at the same time I would say it’s more rewarding, too.

它比Wordy更具挑战性,但同时我想说它也更有意义。

OK. So Wordy and Get This.

好的,所以就是 Wordy 和 Get This。

Any others?

还有其他的吗?

Well, High Flyer has been around for a while but in my opinion it’s well worth downloading it.

好吧,High Flyer已经出了一段时间了,但我认为值得下载一下。

It’s designed with higher level students in mind, and many of my advanced level students tell me it’s invaluable.

它的设计考虑了高年级的学生,我的很多高年级学生都告诉我这是它非常有用。

Do you ever use apps to help you learn English?

你是否曾经使用过应用程序来帮助你学习英语?

If so, what are some apps that you would recommend?

如果是的话,你会推荐哪些应用程序?

In the dialogue, you heard some language used to make recommendations.

在对话中,你听到了一些用于进行推荐的语言。

Can you remember?

你还记得吗?

Be careful with the form after ‘recommend’.

“Rcommend”之后的形式要注意。

You can say: ‘I’d recommend Wordy’.

你可以说:“我推荐 Wordy。”

Or: ‘I’d recommend downloading Wordy.’ So, you can use a noun or an -ing verb after ‘recommend’.

或者:“我建议下载Wordy。”所以在“推荐”之后要使用名词或动词-ing形式。

You also heard some other adjectives, such as worthwhile, beneficial, challenging, rewarding and invaluable.

你还听到了其他的一些形容词,例如有价值的,有益的,有挑战性的,有益的和无价的。

These can all be used to describe language learning apps.

这些都是可以用来描述语言学习的应用程序。

If an app is worthwhile, it is important and useful in some way.

如果某个应用很有价值的话,那么它在某种程度上是重要且有用的。

Similarly, an app which is beneficial to you is helpful to you.

同样地,对你有利的应用程序也对你有所帮助。

Something which is challenging is difficult — but in an interesting way which tests your ability.

具有战性的事情是很困难的——但是可以以一种有趣的方式来测试你的能力。

If you manage to do something challenging, it is often rewarding or satisfying.

如果你设法去做一些具有挑战性的事情的话,那通常是很值得做的,或者是令人满意的。

Finally, in the dialogue you heard that the High Flyer app is invaluable.

最后,在对话中你听到说High Flyer这个应用程序非常可贵。

First, let’s check.

首先,让我们来看一下。

Do you know what valuable means?

你知道 valuable 这个词是什么意思吗?

In this context, it means ‘important or useful’.

在这个语境中,它的意思是“重要或有用的”。

What about invaluable?

那 invaluable呢?

What does invaluable mean?

Invaluable 的意思是什么?

Often we use the prefix ‘in- ‘to show the negative of a word — like ‘ability’ and ‘inability’ or ‘capable’ and ‘incapable’ — so you might expect that ‘invaluable’ means ‘not valuable’.

通常,我们使用前缀“in-”来表示某个单词的否定词,例如“能力”和“无能力”,或者是“有能力的”和“没有能力的”,因此你可能会觉得“invaluable”的意思是“没有价值”。

In fact, invaluable means ‘very valuable or useful’ — so be careful!

实际上,invaluable的意思是“非常有价值或有用的”,所以要小心哦!

If you’re wondering why this is, it’s because ‘invaluable’ relates to the verb ‘value’, with the meaning of ‘put a price on something’, and not the adjective ‘valuable’ as it’s used in modern English.

如果你想知道这是为什么段,那是因为“invaluable”与动词“value”相关,其含义是“为某物定价”,而不是现代英语中的形容词“有价值的”有关系。

‘Invaluable’ literally means that you can’t put a price on something, because it’s so important.

从字面上看,“无价的”意思是你无法为某物定价,因为它太重要了。

Now, it’s your turn.

现在轮到你了。

Think about an app you would like to recommend.

考虑一下你想推荐的应用。

It doesn’t have to be a language learning app.

不一定是语言学习应用程序。

What could you say?

你可以说什么呢?

Pause the video and try to make a sentence or two.

暂停视频,然后尝试造一两个句子。

For example, you could say: ‘An app I’d recommend is Splitwise.

例如,你可以说:“我推荐的应用是Splitwise。

It helps you to track money you spend in a group, so if you go on a trip with your friends, you can see who owes how much to whom.

它可以帮助你追踪你在小组中的花费,因此,如果你与朋友一起旅行的话,你可以看到谁欠谁多少钱。

It’s definitely worth a look, because it means you don’t have to split every expense, which saves time and effort.’ Finally, we have a challenge for you.

它绝对值得一看,因为你不用每次都 AA,从而节省了时间和精力。’最后呢,我们为大家准备了一个挑战。

Let’s see if you can put together all the language we covered in this video.

让我们看看你是否可以将本视频中介绍的所有语言汇合在一起。

Here are some questions.

这里有一些问题。

Feel free to watch sections of the video again if you need to.

如有需要的话,大家可以随意观看视频的某些部分。

Then when you’re ready, pause the video and say your answer out loud.

然后当你准备就绪时,暂停视频并大声说出答案。

Or, write your answer down and share your recommendations with other students in the comments!

或者可以把你的答案写下来,并在评论中与其他学生分享你的推荐!

本文来自作者:路逸轿运-,不代表小新网立场!

转载请注明:https://www.xiaoxinys.cn/599890.html

版权声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容, 请联系我们举报,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。